We are very excited to be chosen by USA Triathlon as the Mideast Duathlon Regional Championship at the Hagerstown Duathlon #1 in Hagerstown, Maryland on April 11, 2020.
No Qualification Needed To Be A Part Of This Championship -There is no qualification or extra money needed to be a part of this championship. ALL who are registered for the HAGERSTOWN DUATHLON #1 are automatically entered in the USAT Mideast Duathlon Regional Championship in 2020!
About the Championship
USA Triathlon has developed Duathlon regional championship races throughout the country as a way to introduce the sport of duathlon to athletes. Championships do not require a qualification to enter and welcomes all first time triathletes. The Championships allow selected races additional resources in order to bring the sport of triathlon to duathletes. Participation in Championships will provide those athletes with extra swag and awards over non-championship races.
Hagerstown Duathlon’s Top 3 overall adult male and top 3 overall adult female will receive an extra award from USAT in addition to award provided by the race.
Hagerstown Duathlon’s top 15% or first place competitor per their respective age groups will qualify for the USAT 2020 Olympic-Distance Age Group National Championships. Hagerstown Duathlon’s top 25% or top 3 competitors (whichever is greater) per their respective age groups will qualify for the USAT 2020 Sprint Distance Age Group National Championships.
All athletes must be at least 17 years old by Dec. 31, 2020, to qualify for USAT Olympic-Distance National Championships. All athletes must be at least 15 years old by Dec. 31, 2020, to qualify for USAT Sprint Distance National Championships.
Hagerstown Duathlon #1
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2020 • 9:30am
Location: Halfway Park, 17901 Halfway Blvd, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Distance: 1.9 Mile Run, 10 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
What do I have to do to be a part of the Championship:
1) All athletes must be at least 17 years old by Dec. 31, 2020, to qualify for the Mideast Duathlon Regional Championships.
2) Sign up for the Hagerstown Duathlon #1 at this LINK (registration opens Nov. 1, 2019) and you will be automatically entered.
3) There is no qualification needed, however, USAT will require that you have an annual membership or you can purchase a 1 day license for $15.
To learn more from USAT visit this link:
Registration for the Hagerstown Duathlon #1 includes:
• Well organized and professional event, of course!
• Free Race Photos. See photo page here of past races.
• Race Technical Long Sleeved Shirt
• Custom Finisher Medal
• Swag Bag of goodies
• Custom Awards
• Post Race Food
• Real-Time Kiosk Results
• Satisfaction of finishing a multisport race!
• Meeting other athletes and establishing new friends!!!