HALLOWEEN HUSTLE Virtual Run or Bike
Date: October 30- November 1, 2020 (Friday -Sunday)
Type: VIRTUAL Run/Walk or Bike
Distances: Run or Walk 5K (3.1 Miles) or 10K (6.2 Miles) or Half Marathon (13.1 Miles) or Bike 40K (25 Miles) or 100K (62 Miles)
Contact: Race Director, Ken Racine [email protected] 301-991-0461
Status: Registration is now closed!
Welcome to the official site of our HALLOWEEN HUSTLE Virtual Run/Walk or Bike. This virtual event is designed to inspire you to “keep moving” and focus on your health, while having fun with your friends and family! Join us for a Halloween themed run/walk or bike on October 30th to November 1st. The event will take place over 3 days to give you the flexibility to complete your run,walk, or bike with enough time to submit your results. Choose between a 5K, 10K, half marathon walk/run, or a 40K (25 mile), 100K (62 mile) ride. You can complete the event inside on a treadmill/stationary bike or outside on a course of your choosing (see Rules below). Check out our team competition below!
Take a (virtual) run, walk, or bike ride anywhere you want to go!
…Where are you going to run or ride?
…Who will be on your team?
…Invite your friends and family now! (See Teams below)
At Racine MultiSports, we want to do our part to support those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In alignment with our mission to support our community, we are donating a portion of the proceeds from this race to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County .
Since 1956, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County has operated under the belief that there is incredible potential inherent in every child. As part of the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County makes and professionally supports meaningful, one-to-one matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 6 through young adulthood. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
Check Out the Swag!
Shirt is the Zorrel Primease brand…super soft, cotton/poly blend. Available in long sleeve and short sleeve both including women’s cut too!
Print your custom bib NOW! Use your Run Sign Up race email confirmation and click on “Manage Registration“. Then click on “PRE-RACE BIB” at the top right of the screen. Bib will display your name, team name and bib #.
What do I get for my registration?
What do I get for my registration?
- Race shirt (choose from long or short sleeve)
- Custom finisher medal
- Printable digital race bib
- Printable digital finisher certificate
- Race results in searchable format
Satisfaction of virtually racing with your friends
- Satisfaction of focusing on your health
- Shirt and medal will be mailed to you!
Fee- includes race shirt and finisher medal* mailed directly to you.
$30.00– first 25 entries
$32.50– from August 31 to September 6
$35.00– beginning September 7 to October 4 *Registration after September 14th does not include a medal as they are already in production.
Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We created a Facebook page for the event to encourage you to share your pre-race photos and workouts, to help promote the event and to share your post-race photos and comments. To join the Facebook page please click below.
Here are the easy steps to follow to get the most out of your virtual experience.
- Register Online– click on the “Register Now” button.
- Join Facebook Group– to share pre-race photos and workouts and then photos of your race day experience.
- Recruit Friends– we want to see how many areas of the country we can get people involved, but we need your help!
- Train– you will have several weeks to train before race weekend. Good luck and get at it!
- Pre-Race Communication– we will send you information as we get closer to race weekend to help you get ready and to learn how to submit your results.
- Digital Bib– print your race bib to wear during your run, walk, or bike.
- Race Weekend– it’s time! Use the RaceJoy app and get out there and run, walk, or bike your registered distance.
- Submit Results– if you use RaceJoy your time will automatically upload to results. If not you will get a text or email to submit your results.
- Submit Photos– from your run, walk, or bike showing your bib and share on the Facebook group page.
- Results Posted– results will continue to update Friday-Sunday of race weekend with the final results posted Monday, November 2nd.
We have two Team contests to create some FUN! Invite friends and family members to join you in this race by creating a team to support each other! Come up with a team name and be sure that everyone enters it during registration. We will have the following results for the Team competition…
Largest Team– having the most team members registered
Most States Team– having the most states represented on your team
If you already registered without a team but decided to make a team or join one, no problem. Use your registration confirmation email from RunSignUp to open up your registration and make team edits. If you have any questions contact [email protected].
Results are available for this race! You will be given the option, during registration, to “opt-in” to receive either text or email notifications. This will be the first step to be able to submit your time, after you complete your race, to get your results published. You will submit your time (HH:MM:SS format) through a text or email, and it will automatically upload to the results. This race also offers the gps tracking of RaceJoy. Information will be shared with you on how to use this feature. There is no additional cost to use RaceJoy. Check out this short video to see how RaceJoy works. If you choose to use the RaceJoy gps tracking app your results will upload automatically. Since there is no way to ensure accuracy or a fair comparison of times submitted, the results will only be used to capture your time, proof of participation and for bragging rights! Results will be displayed as “overall” with the ability to drill down to your “age group”. Submitting your time for results is optional. There are no awards for this event.
- Registrants must register online before the deadline in order to get your shirt and medal
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Registrants must follow all COVID-19 and quarantine restrictions
- Racine MultiSports is not responsible for any restrictions or laws violated by participants in this event
- No returns or exchanges on shirts and medals
We ask you to stay informed and follow all COVID-19 and State restrictions, guidelines and laws. This event is not encouraging actual group gathering, rather, a virtual group experience. Racine MultiSports is not responsible for any participant violating any restriction, guideline or law. We wish all of you and your families good health during this time.