Hagerstown Youth Triathlon – Details
Race Limit: 150 participants
Start: We will start with ages 8 & under, followed by ages 9 & 10, 11 & 12, and 13 to 15.
Timing: This event will be professionally chip timed! We will be providing race day results at our results kiosk immediately after you finish your race. We will also provide a web link to results that you can share with your family and friends so they can follow your race on their web devices.
Event Rules: All athletes must have an approved helmet with the chin strap fastened before entering the bike course. Your local bike shop can provide you with assistance to ensure your helmet meets approval. Bikers and runners must obey all traffic rules/laws and race official instructions. Roads will not be closed to vehicular traffic. Volunteers will be placed in key areas to help direct race traffic. Parents can accompany their child the entire race but must not assist. Caution must be used to not block other athletes.
Age: The athletes age will be based on their age as of December 31, 2020, per USAT rules.
|5:30pm – 7:00pm (Friday)||Packet Pickup- at Mercury Endurance Cycles|
|4:30pm – 5:45pm (Saturday)||Packet Pickup- at Race Venue|
|4:30pm||Transition Area Opens|
|6:15pm||Youth Triathlon Pre-Race Meeting|
|6:30pm||Youth Triathlon Race Start|
Swag: Here is your 2019 Swag. Click on images below to enlarge.
There are no awards based on place as this is a non-competitive event designed to encourage youth athletes to become and stay active. All finishers will receive a finisher medal.
Maryland Youth Triathlon Series:
The Hagerstown Youth Triathlon is part of the Maryland Youth Triathlon Series. The Series includes four events from early June through late August and continues to encourage young triathletes across the state.
Series Race 1: Frederick Kids Triathlon, Middletown
Series Race 2: Hagerstown Youth Triathlon, Hagerstown
Series Race 3: Columbia Association Kids Triathlon, Columbia
Series Race 4: Nottingham Kids Triathlon, Mount Airy
The Maryland Youth Triathlon Series will be awarding overall Series winners across four age groups for both girls and boys.
Series Eligibility and Scoring:
- Series scoring will apply to athletes ages 7 to 15 as of December 31, 2020
- Triathletes must participate in at least two races to be Series eligible.
- The top 10 finishers in each age group at each race will earn Series points.
- The top two scores for each triathlete will be tallied to determine Series standings throughout and at the conclusion of the Series.
- The three girls and three boys with the most Series points in each age group will be awarded First, Second and Third Place and recognized at the Nottingham Kids Triathlon.
- In the event of a tie between two or more triathletes, the tie will go to the triathlete that participated in three races. If more than one triathlete participated in three races the size of each race’s age group will be weighted with a larger field carrying more weight than a smaller one.
- Ties will only be broken for the top three places.
1st place in age group = 60 points
2nd place in age group = 50 points
3rd place in age group = 42 points
4th place in age group = 35 points
5th place in age group = 30 points
6th place in age group = 25 points
7th place in age group = 20 points
8th place in age group = 15 points
9th place in age group = 10 points
10th place in age group = 5 points
Series Age Groups:
- Races with age groups younger than USAT race age 7 will not be eligible for Series scoring.
- Regardless of an individual race’s age groupings, the age groups above will be used for Series scoring.
- If a race is modified to a duathlon or aquathlon for any reason, Series points will still be awarded for that race.
- If a race is modified to a run-only format or canceled for any reason, no Series points will be awarded for that race.
- Series standings will be updated two weeks after each race and posted to the Mini Cow Tri website.
- Series events are individually owned and operated. Not all Series events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Racine MultiSports is pleased to have a partnership with the Holiday Inn Express. Booking must be done by phone to receive the discounted rate of $94.00 (normally $139.99).