ROAD TRIP Virtual Run
Date: June 19-21, 2020 (Friday -Sunday)
Location: Anywhere in the World!!!
Type: VIRTUAL Run or Walk
Distances: 5K (3.1 Miles) or 10K (6.2 Miles) or Half Marathon (13.1 Miles)
Contact: Race Director, Ken Racine Ken@RacineMultiSports.com 301-991-0461
Status: Registration now open!
Due to overwhelming response, and our shirt supplier giving us an extra week, race registration has reopened May 18, 2020- May 25, 2020. Registrations during this time will only receive a shirt (no finishers medal). Registrations during this time will not be a part of the team competition since the team competition ended and winners announced on May 15th.
Welcome to the official site of our ROAD TRIP Virtual Run. This virtual event is designed to inspire you to “keep moving” and remain “race ready”, while having fun with your friends and family! Join us for “Take a Road Trip Day” on June 19th to 21st. The event will take place over 3 days to give you the flexibility to complete your run or walk, with enough time to submit your results. Choose between a 5K or 10K or half marathon. You can complete the event inside on a treadmill or outside on a course of your choosing (see Rules below). Check out our team competition below!
Take a (virtual) road trip anywhere you want to go!
…Where are you going to run?
…Who will be in your bus with you?
…Invite your road trip crew now! (See Teams below)
Our ROAD TRIP theme offers a fun way to imagine traveling anywhere in the world with a bunch of your friends and/or family to complete a 5K , 10K or Half Marathon. You will be asked during registration for your “virtual location” which will be displayed with your results. So get creative on your virtual location and start inviting others to join you on this trip! Let’s see how far we can spread this race across the country and globe.
At Racine MultiSports, we want to do our part to support those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In alignment with our mission to support our community, we are donating a portion of the proceeds from this race to the C&O Canal Trust. The Trust is the nonprofit partner to the C&O Canal National Historical Park, a great local venue for runners, hikers, and cyclists. Your donation at registration will go towards supporting the Trust’s Canal Pride COVID-19 Recovery Fund to help the Park and neighboring canal communities recover from the pandemic. Funds will be used to support volunteer projects to help the Park with repairs, maintenance, and trash clean-up projects resulting from the surge of COVID-related visitation to the Park, providing marketing support for the many small businesses in local canal towns severely impacted by the pandemic, and responsibly reopening Canal Quarters lockhouses for overnight visitors.
Check Out the Swag!
Shirt is the Zorrel Primease brand…super soft, cotton/poly blend.
Print your custom bib NOW! Use your Run Sign Up race email confirmation and click on “Manage Registration“. Then click on “PRE-RACE BIB” at the top right of the screen. Bib will display your name, team name and bib #.
What do I get for my registration?
What do I get for my registration?
- Race shirt
- Custom finisher medal
- Printable digital race bib
- Race results in searchable format
Satisfaction of virtually traveling with your friends
- Shirt and medal will be mailed to you!
Fee- $30.00 – includes race shirt and finisher medal mailed directly to you. Those who register after May 15th will not receive a finishers medal as they are already in production.
Registration is reopened now through May 25, 2020. Don’t delay…register before time runs out!
Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We created a Facebook page for the event to encourage you to share your pre-race photos and workouts, to help promote the event and to share your post-race photos and comments. To join the Facebook page please click below.
Here are the easy steps to follow to get the most out of your virtual experience.
- Register Online– for one of the three distances and don’t forget to “opt-in” for texting and include your “virtual” running location.
- Join Facebook Group– to share pre-race photos and workouts and then photos of your race day experience.
- Recruit Friends– we want to see how many areas of the country we can get people involved, but we need your help!
- Train– you will have several weeks to train before race weekend. Good luck and get at it!
- Pre-Race Communication– we will send you information as we get closer to race weekend to help you get ready and to learn how to submit your results.
- Digital Bib– print your race bib to wear during your run or walk.
- Race Weekend– it’s time! Get out there and run or walk your registered distance.
- Submit Results– we will give you a text or email to submit your results.
- Submit Photos– from your run or walk showing your bib and share on the Facebook group page.
- Results Posted– we will post preliminary results each day and the final results will be posted Monday, June 22nd.
The team competition ended on May 15th and will not reopen with the extension of registration reopening.
Fill your bus! Invite friends and family members to join you on your virtual road trip. Select a virtual destination for your race, come up with a team name, and be sure everyone enters it during registration. We will have the following results categories for teams… Biggest Bus (most team members) and Tour Bus (bus filled with the most variety of home states).
If you already registered without a team but decided to make a team later, no problem. Use your race registration confirmation email from Run Signup to open up your registration and make team edits. If you have any questions contact Shannon@racinemultisports.com.
Results are available for this race! You will be given the option, during registration, to “opt-in” to receive either text or email notifications. This will be the first step to be able to submit your time, after you complete your race, to get your results published. You will submit your time (HH:MM:SS format) through a text or email, and it will automatically upload to the results. Since there is no way to ensure accuracy or a fair comparison of times submitted, the results will only be used to capture your time, proof of participation and for bragging rights! Results will be displayed as “overall” with the ability to drill down to your “age group”. Submitting your time for results is optional. There are no awards for this event.
- Registrants must register online before the deadline in order to get your shirt and medal
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Registrants must follow all COVID-19 and quarantine restrictions
- Racine MultiSports is not responsible for any restrictions or laws violated by participants in this event
- No returns or exchanges on shirts and medals
Maryland and much of the country have Stay-at-Home orders in place. We have no idea what rules will be in place on race weekend. We ask you to stay informed and follow all COVID-19 and State restrictions, guidelines and laws. This event is not encouraging actual group gathering, rather, a virtual group experience. Racine MultiSports is not responsible for any participant violating any restriction, guideline or law. We wish all of you and your families good health during this time.