Fort Ritchie Triathlon Chosen as the USAT 2021 Maryland State Championships
We are very excited to be chosen, by USA Triathlon, as the Maryland Age Group State Championship as well as the Maryland High School State Championship at the Fort Ritchie Sprint Triathlon in Cascade, Maryland on August 1, 2021.
Be one of the first to qualify for the 2022 Age Group Nationals by qualifying at Fort Ritchie!
Participants of both of these State Championships have the opportunity to be crowned State Champion in their five-year age group. The top three finishers in each age group will also receive a state champion medal from USA Triathlon.
For the Maryland Age Group State Championship: The top 35% or top 3 finishers in each age group (whichever is greater) will qualify for the 2022 Age Group Nationals.
For the Maryland High School State Championship: All finishers of High School State Championship will automatically qualify for 2022 Age Group Nationals. (pending they are at least age 15 as of December 31, 2022.)
No Qualification Needed To Be A Part Of These Championships -There is no qualification or extra money needed to be a part of the championships.
ALL who are registered for the FORT RITCHIE (SPRINT OR OLYMPIC DISTANCE) TRIATHLON are automatically entered into the USAT Maryland Age Group State Championship.
All high schoolers registered for the FORT RITCHIE SPRINT TRIATHLON will be automatically entered into the USAT Maryland High School State Championship!
High school participants will be given a special discounted price of $50 for individuals and $90 per relay team.
About the Championship
USA Triathlon has developed Triathlon State Championship races throughout the country as a way to introduce the sport of triathlon to athletes. Championships do not require a qualification to enter and welcome all first-time triathletes. Participation in Championships will provide those athletes with extra awards over non-championship races.
Fort Ritchie Triathlon Date:Sunday, August 1, 2021 Location: Cascade, Maryland, Fort Ritchie Type: Sprint and Olympic Olympic Distance:
Triathlon: 1.5K Swim, 40K Bike, 10K Run • Aquabike: 1.5K Swim, 40K Bike Sprint Distance:
Triathlon: .75K Swim, 24K Bike, 5K Run • Aquabike: .75K Swim, 24K Bike
What do I have to do to be a part of the USAT Maryland Age Group State Championship:
1) All athletes must be at least 17 years old by Dec. 31, 2021, to qualify for the USAT Maryland Age Group State Championship.
2) Sign up for the Fort Ritchie Sprint or Olympic Triathlon at this link.
3) There is no qualification needed, however, USAT will require that you have an annual membership or you can purchase a 1 day license for $15.
What do I have to do to be a part of the USAT Maryland High School State Championship: 1) Must be a high school student (public, private, home school) for the 2021-2022 school year.
2) Sign up for the Fort Ritchie Sprint Triathlon at this Link and choose “HS Championship” registration type for an individual option for only $50 or “HS Championship Relay” for relay option for only $90 per team.
3) There is no qualification needed, however, USAT will require that you have an annual membership for $10. You can pay for this membership during registration.
Registration for the Fort Ritchie Triathlon includes:
• Well organized and professional event, of course!
• Free Race Photos. See photo page here of past races.
• Super Soft Tri-Blend Race Shirt
• Custom Finisher Medal
• Swag Bag of goodies
• Custom Awards
• Post Race Food (if COVID restrictions are lifted by the health department, as hoped)
• Real-Time Results
• Satisfaction of finishing a multisport race!
• Meeting other athletes and establishing new friends!!!
By RacineMS|2021-04-07T18:20:39+00:00April 7th, 2021|Uncategorized|Comments Off on Fort Ritchie Triathlon Chosen as the USAT 2021 Maryland State Championships