5K DESCRIPTION: The 5K will navigate on the paved roads near and around the Brewery (lightly rolling).
5K RACE LIMIT: 400 participants
5K COURSE: Please note, the course was changed slightly from our first two years. We no longer have access to the neighboring property so we have added the distance lost to the u-turn at the top of Western Maryland Parkway. That u-turn will be moved up Western Maryland parkway towards the traffic circle. As before, the 5K Run will be a”lolly pop style” course design, starting and ending at Antietam Brewery. The course has slightly rolling hills and is rated as an easy to moderate course. There will be a water stop around the 1.3 and 2.5 mile mark and water at the finish line.
PDF Printable 5K Course Map
5K START: We will use a mass start for the 5K
5K VIRTUAL OPTION: We are excited to offer a virtual option for the Antietam Brewery 5K. Sign up to virtually participate in our 5K walk/run, from any location in the USA, using RaceJoy for a fun experience!
Included with the price of your 5K Virtual Registration:
- Register Online– click on the “Register Now” button.
- Recruit Friends– we want to see how many areas of the country we can get people involved, but we need your help!
- Train– you will have several weeks to train before race weekend. Good luck and get at it!
- Pre-Race Communication– we will send you information as we get closer to race weekend to help you get ready and to learn how to submit your results.
- Digital Bib– print your race bib to wear during your run or walk.
- Race Weekend– it’s time! Use the RaceJoy app and get out there and run or walk the 5K.
- Submit Results– if you use RaceJoy your time will automatically upload to results. If not you will get a text or email to submit your results.
- Results Posted– results will continue to update Friday-Sunday of race weekend with the final results posted Monday.
Check out this short video to see how RaceJoy works. For more info on Race Joy CLICK HERE
5K TIMING: This event will be professionally chip timed using disposable bib tags on the back of the race bibs! Bibs must be worn on the front of your shirt and be visible at all times. We will be providing race day results at our results kiosk immediately after you finish your race. We will also provide a web link to results that you can share with your family and friends so they can follow your race on their web devices.
Top 3 Overall Male and Female
Top 2 Age Groups Male and Female: 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Awards will be handed out at the awards ceremony following the race. No award will be mailed automatically. For a fee of $20, we will mail your award upon your request or you can pick up at Antietam Brewery at a later time.
EVENT RULES: The road is not closed to vehicular traffic so runners must be observant at all times. Runners must obey all race official instructions. Cones will be placed along the route and runner must be on the inside of the cones to ensure runner safety. Volunteers will be placed in key areas to help direct race traffic. Cutting the course or interfering with other athletes will result in disqualification.
GPS TRACKING: We are excited to offer FREE gps tracking for this event! Through the Race Joy app, you will be able to have a fun experience while racing in our “Live” 5K event. This tracking will show a participant’s exact location “live” while on the course (provided there is cell service). Participants download the app and carry their phone during the race. Family and friends can then use the app on their phone to track a participant “live.” This is a free service and not required. Everyone will still have a timing chip attached to their bib for the official timing/results.
For more info on Race Joy CLICK HERE